A thin but flavorful low-fat sauce that serves as a dipping sauce and marinade.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 8
- ⅔ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup (generous) low-fat milk
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced lemongrass  or 1½ teaspoons minced lime peel (green part only)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (Nuoc Mam, Nam Pla) 
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon imitation coconut extract
- 2 pounds uncooked medium to large shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- Combine first 10 ingredients in large bowl. (can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes until opaque. drain.
- Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Add shrimp to sauce mixture and let stand 45 minutes.
- Chill in refrigerator 1 hour. (can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead. Cover.)
- Transfer shrimp to platter.
- Pour sauce into decorative bowl; Place sauce in center of platter and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories, 130 | Fat 2g | Sodium 231mg | Cholesterol 140mg