Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- fresh shrimp, deveined and butterflied, 10 - 15 per person
- 4 to 8 spring onion (green onions, scallions), chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 2 cups of chicken stock (2 cups water with chicken bouillon powder, or chicken broth)
- 4 tablespoons of sweet white wine, such as Sweet Glen Ellen white Zinfandel
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2½ tablespoons of cornstarch and ½ cup of water
- 4 egg whites, beaten with ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for stir-frying
- 1 to 2 cups Pork-fried Rice (1 cup for 2 people, 2 cups for 3 or more)
- Rinse the shrimp in warm water and pat dry.
- Rinse the green onions, drain and chop.
- Chop or mince the garlic cloves.
- Combine the chicken stock, white wine, soy sauce, and sugar and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch into ½ cup water.
- Whisk the egg whites into ¼ cup water and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, large pot, or frying pan or skillet on medium high to high heat.
- Stir fry the garlic and scallions about 30 seconds to a minute, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth mixture, bring to a boil and boil about 1 minute.
- Re-stir the cornstarch and water mixture and stir it into broth.
- Immediately afterward, slowly pour in the egg whites, breaking them up by gently stirring them with a fork.
- Be careful not to overstir the egg whites.
- The dish is ready when the sauce begins to boil and thicken.
- Serve over the Pork-fried Rice.