Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound frozen large cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and wine and cook for 2 – 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the milk and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until thickened, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the mustard, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook 1 minute.
- Garnish with minced parsley.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 151 | Protein: 19 g | Sodium: 309 mg | Cholesterol: 126 mg | Fat: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Exchanges: ½ starch | ½ fat free milk | 2 very lean meat