Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 6 banana peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped okra
- cooking spray
- 2 x 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss the shrimp with the lime juice to coat.
- Set aside.
- Remove the seeds from 2 of the jalapeno peppers and 4 of the banana peppers.
- In a food processor, chop all the jalapeno peppers, all the banana peppers, onion, and okra.
- Spray a large, deep skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the pepper mixture in the skillet, and cook and stir 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes and juice, tomato paste, and squash.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Season with thyme.
- Mix the shrimp into the skillet.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, until shrimp are opaque.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 193 | Fat 1.6 g | Carbs 20.9 g | Sodium 564 mg | Fiber 7.3 g