Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 2 to 4 servings.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 6 banana peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped okra
- cooking spray
- 2 x 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss the shrimp with the lime juice to coat.
- Set aside.
- Remove the seeds from 2 of the jalapeno peppers and 4 of the banana peppers.
- In a food processor, chop all the jalapeno peppers, all the banana peppers, onion, and okra.
- Spray a large, deep skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the pepper mixture in the skillet, and cook and stir 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes and juice, tomato paste, and squash.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Season with thyme.
- Mix the shrimp into the skillet.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, until shrimp are opaque.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 193 | Fat 1.6 g | Carbs 20.9 g | Sodium 564 mg | Fiber 7.3 g