Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Midwest Living
- Prep: 1 hour | Chill: 5 hours
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved
- ⅔ cup tequila
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp and/or tilapia, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped, peeled jicama
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- ⅔ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- tortilla chips
- Place the jalapeno pepper halves in a small bowl.
- Pour tequila over pepper.
- Cover bowl and let stand at room temperature for 48 hours.
- Remove and discard the jalapeno.
- For ceviche, in a large skillet bring 1-inch of water to boiling.
- Add the shrimp and tilapia; cook for 1minute (do not return mixture to boiling before timing).
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place shrimp and tilapia in a large ceramic or glass bowl.
- Stir in the green and red sweet peppers, onion, jicama, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, coconut milk, sugar, salt and the tequila.
- Cover and chill for 5 hours.
- Remove mixture from liquid with a slotted spoon and serve in martini glasses garnished with avocado slices.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- ↑ Buy 1¼ pounds shrimp in shell to get 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp. Allow 10 minutes more prep time to peel and devein the shrimp.
Nutritional information Edit
- 114 Calories | 4g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 69mg Cholesterol | 86mg Sodium | 6g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 10g Protein | vitamin C: 74% | calcium: 32% | iron: 2%