Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings or makes 16 hors d'oeuvres
- 16 snow peas
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled, de-veined, tail left on
- Steam or microwave snow peas until barely tender-crisp.
- Rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil; Sauté garlic, parsley and shrimp just until shrimp turn pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Wrap each snow pea around a shrimp; Fasten with toothpick.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition information Edit
- 39 Calories | 1g Carbs | 0g Fiber | 4g Protein | 2g Fat | 27 mg Sodium | 28 mg Cholesterol
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ Lean Meat