Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an extremely simple way to present an impressive looking entrée for a house full of guests. Salmon and shrimp are baked and then topped with a flavorful cheese sauce. Serve with brown rice pilaf and a simple green salad.
- 1 (3 lb) side of salmon, skinned, pinbones removed, rinsed and patted dry
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs peeled and deveined shrimp, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup low sodium, gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 lb Swiss cheese such as Emmenthaler, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Rub fish all over with a tablespoon of the vegetable oil and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt and pepper and toss with remaining oil.
- After salmon has baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and scatter with the shrimp.
- Return to oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and no longer translucent.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer over medium heat in a medium-size pan.
- Whisk in the grated cheese, allowing it to melt into the stock, making a sauce.
- Pour sauce over salmon and shrimp, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (9oz/252g-wt.):
- 380 calories (140 from fat) | 15g total fat | 3.5g saturated fat | 56g protein | 2g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 1g sugar) | 225mg cholesterol | 480mg sodium