Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Plump shrimp and sweet grapes in a light vinegar and mayonnaise dressing lend just the right touch of casual refinement to a backyard al fresco meal or upscale picnic outing. Serve with chilled sliced tomatoes, white sparkling wine and crusty bread with butter.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled with veins removed
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- sea salt to taste
- ¾ cup celery, minced
- ¼ cup fresh chives, minced
- 1 cup green, seedless grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon high heat sunflower or safflower oil (or any light-flavored, expeller-pressed oil)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic powder and salt.
- Sauté until shrimp are just pink and cooked through.
- Transfer shrimp and pan juices to a bowl.
- Refrigerate just until cooled.
- Add celery, chives and grapes to shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mayonnaise, agave nectar and salt to taste.
- Toss into shrimp.
- Before serving grind fresh black peppercorns over the top.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (155g-wt.):
- 190 calories (80 from fat) | 9g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 19g protein | 8g total carbohydrate (less than 1g dietary fiber, 5g sugar) | 140mg cholesterol | 280mg sodium