If you can't find these type of potatoes in your grocery store refrigerator section, you can substitute one pound of potatoes, peeled, cubed, parboiled and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings.
- 10 oz pkg frozen Parmesan garlic bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, sliced into pieces
- 1 pound pkg sauté-ready roasted onion-flavored cubed potatoes
- 8 oz bottle clam juice
- 6 oz can chopped clams
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cut in half
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake bread according to package directions.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add leeks, cook until very soft but not browned.
- Add potatoes and their seasoning packet to saucepan, cook 1 minute.
- Add clam juice and juice from can of clams.
- Stir in corn and half and half.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Whisk milk and cornstarch in cup.
- Once soup is simmering, stir in milk mixture, clams and shrimp, simmer until shrimp are white and chowder thickens slightly.
- Stir in parsley, pepper, and pepper sauce.
- Serve with bread.