Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Serves 6 as a first course.
- ½ lb (225 g) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs (15 ml) cornstarch (corn flour)
- ½ tsp (2 ml) sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 scallion (spring onion), green and white parts, finely chopped
- 1 narrow loaf French bread (baguette)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- Process the shrimp to a paste with a food processor or blender.
- Add the egg white, cornstarch, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic scallions and stir well to combine.
- Cube the French bread into slices ½ inch (1 cm) thick.
- Spread the shrimp paste over one side of each slice.
- Decorate each slice with a whole parsley "petal", stuck to the shrimp paste.
- Heat the oil in frying pan to about 375°F (190°C).
- Drop in the bread slices, shrimp side down.
- Fry until the underside is brown, then turn over and brown the other side.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.