Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 8 slices of white bread with the crusts removed (should be 1 – 2 days old)
- ¾ pound fresh shrimp, shelled, deveined, and chopped
- 2 - 3 water chestnuts, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped fine
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- a few drops sesame oil
- 2 - 4 cups oil for deep-frying
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 squares (32 squares total).
- Combine the diced water chestnuts, onion, shrimp and mince until fine.
- Add the scallion, cornstarch, egg, white pepper, and sesame oil.
- Mix together.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the shrimp mixture on a bread square.
- Continue with each of the bread squares.
- Heat wok and add 2 - 4 cups oil.
- Heat the oil to 375°F .
- Carefully slide the bread pieces into the wok, a few slices at a time, shrimp mixture down.
- Deep-fry until golden , about 2 minutes, then turn and deep-fry on other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.