Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 8 slices of white bread with the crusts removed (should be 1 – 2 days old)
- ¾ pound fresh shrimp, shelled, deveined, and chopped
- 2 - 3 water chestnuts, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped fine
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- a few drops sesame oil
- 2 - 4 cups oil for deep-frying
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 squares (32 squares total).
- Combine the diced water chestnuts, onion, shrimp and mince until fine.
- Add the scallion, cornstarch, egg, white pepper, and sesame oil.
- Mix together.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the shrimp mixture on a bread square.
- Continue with each of the bread squares.
- Heat wok and add 2 - 4 cups oil.
- Heat the oil to 375°F .
- Carefully slide the bread pieces into the wok, a few slices at a time, shrimp mixture down.
- Deep-fry until golden , about 2 minutes, then turn and deep-fry on other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.