Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes three dozen
- 2 lbs medium shrimp
- fat for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon monosodium glutamate (opt)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sherry (opt)
- 1 cup cold water, as cold as you can get without ice
- Shell and clean shrimp leaving tails on.
- Lightly slash underside diagonally.
- Heat deep fat to 365°F.
- Sift the one cup flour with cornstarch and seasonings.
- Combine egg yolk, sherry and water; stir into flour mixture.
- Dip shrimp in flour, then batter, and fry until lightly browned.
- Drain and serve immediately.