Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you use shrimp stock for this dish, the shrimp flavor will be incomparably intense.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: How to Cook Everything
- Typed by: Susan email@example.com
- Time: 45 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 to 1¼ lbs shrimp, shells on
- 5 cups shrimp or chicken stock, or water
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 thick slices French or Italian bread
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- minced fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Peel the shrimp and simmer the shells in a medium saucepan with the stock or water while you continue with the recipe.
- Place the olive oil in a large, deep saucepan or casserole and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are a very deep golden, almost brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
- Turn the heat to low and brown the bread in the oil on both sides, in batches if necessary; it will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the slices and spread each with about ½ clove of the cooked garlic.
- Mince the remaining garlic.
- Cut each of the shrimp into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Strain the warmed stock into the casserole, turn the heat to medium, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the shrimp, cumin, salt, and pepper, and cook over low heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Place a piece of bread in each of four bowls, then ladle in a portion of soup with shrimp.
- Sprinkle with the minced garlic, garnish, and serve.