Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds large, un-shelled raw shrimp
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry vermouth or white wine
- Defrost, peel and devein shrimp. Leave tail on, if desired.
- Rinse under cold running water, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in shallow broiler pan.
- Add salad oil, 2 tablespoons parsley, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add shrimp and toss in butter mixture to coat well.
- Arrange in a single layer in pan.
- Broil 4-5 inches from heat 5 minutes.
- Turn and broil 5–10 minutes longer or until lightly brown.
- Remove shrimp to serving platter.
- Pour garlic mixture over all.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley.