- Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe.
- Core tomatoes; coarsely chop (makes about 3 cups); set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter; add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove to a plate.
- To skillet add reserved tomatoes, basil (if fresh is unavailable use 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves), orange peel, salt, fennel and black pepper; cook and stir until tomatoes are softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and shrimp; cook only until hot, about 1 minute.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.