This divine, oriental salad is made with rice noodles, real vegetables, shrimp, herbs, and nectarines and is great with other side dishes. For a savory, fruity aroma with the rice noodles and seafood, apricots or plums sometimes replace the nectarines and work for this recipe, too.
- ⅓ cup oil, canola, olive, or corn only
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 – 2 jalapeños, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar, brown only
- 12 ounces cooked, cooled rice noodles
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ¾ lb. shelled cooked shrimp
- 3 nectarines, sliced
- lettuce leaves
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Combine oil, lime juice, mint, cilantro, jalapeño, and sugar and shake well to blend.
- Combine ½ of the oil mixture with the rice noodles and onion, and toss well.
- Line a serving platter with lettuce leaves, and place the pasta on the platter.
- Top with shrimp, nectarine, and cucumber and drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad.
- Top with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve warm and plain or with other appetizers or side dishes but fork the seafood and fruit-based salad in a large plate.