Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It's always good to do step one.
- 3-5 lbs shrimp
- 1 lb okra
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 green pepper
- Remove heads of shrimp.
- Wash thoroughly then boil about 10 minutes.
- Chip okra fine.
- Mince onion.
- Fry okra, onion, and pepper slightly.
- Add chopped up tomatoes.
- Fry a few minutes and add 2 quarts of boiling water in which shrimp have been cooked.
- Peel shrimp and add to mixture.
- Boil about 2 hours on slow fire.
- Serve with steamed rice.