Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: bhg.com
- Prep: 35 minutes | Chill: 4 to 24 hours
- Makes: Six 1½ cup servings
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, if desired, and chopped (2½ lbs)
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium green or red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable juice or low-sodium tomato juice
- ½ cup clam juice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 8oz pkg frozen, peeled, cooked small shrimp, thawed
- fat-free dairy sour cream (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, sweet pepper, vegetable juice or tomato juice, clam juice, onion, vinegar, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, and cumin.
- Gently fold the shrimp into the tomato mixture.
- Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, ladle into serving bowls.
- If desired, top each with a spoonful of sour cream.
Nutritional information Edit
- 141 Calories | 6g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 74mg Cholesterol | 154mg Sodium | 15g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 11g Protein
- Exchanges: 3 Vegetables | 1 Lean Meat