Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe can easily be halved. It can also be doubled easily. — JJ
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 cups
- 7½ cups water
- 2½ pounds unpeeled, medium shrimp
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- garnish: cooked, peeled shrimp
- Bring water to a boil, add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; peel shrimp, devein and finely chop.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic to shrimp.
- Beat cream cheese and next 4 ingredients until fluffy.
- Stir into shrimp mixture.
- Chill, but remove from refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- Garnish, if desired, with whole shrimp.
- Serve with crackers, chips and fresh vegetables or fill small pastry shells or celery sticks with the mixture.