Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes about 3 cups / Serves 9
- ½ pound shrimp
- ½ onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon organic Dijon mustard
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened ketchup
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- Boil shrimp with onion, garlic and ½ teaspoon cayenne.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Coarsely chop shrimp and set aside.
- Combine rest of ingredients (except for green onions) in a mixing bowl or food processor.
- Mix well; add shrimp and green onions.
- Allow to chill at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with whole grain breads, crackers, and plenty of vegetables to lower the overall percentage of fat calories of the entire meal.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving ⅓ cup (83 g-wt.):
- 180 calories (110 from fat) | 12g total fat | 8g saturated fat | 10g protein | 8g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 5g sugar) | 80mg cholesterol | 540mg sodium