Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes about 3 cups / Serves 9
- ½ pound shrimp
- ½ onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon organic Dijon mustard
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened ketchup
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- Boil shrimp with onion, garlic and ½ teaspoon cayenne.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Coarsely chop shrimp and set aside.
- Combine rest of ingredients (except for green onions) in a mixing bowl or food processor.
- Mix well; add shrimp and green onions.
- Allow to chill at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with whole grain breads, crackers, and plenty of vegetables to lower the overall percentage of fat calories of the entire meal.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving ⅓ cup (83 g-wt.):
- 180 calories (110 from fat) | 12g total fat | 8g saturated fat | 10g protein | 8g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 5g sugar) | 80mg cholesterol | 540mg sodium