Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes including cleaning shrimp if needed
Cook time: 3 - 4 minutes on hot BBQ
Serves: 6- 8 as appetizer
Excellent spicy appetizer not too hard to make. Even easier if using pre-shelled and de-veined raw shrimp
- 1 – 1½ lbs pre-shelled and de-veined raw shrimp, large (20–30/pound)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- ½ tbsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Clean and devein Shrimp if needed (a few hours in advance is fine, store in fridge)
- Mince garlic
- Mix garlic, salt, paprika, and cayenne in small bowl
- Add oil and Lemon juice a bit at a time until you have a runny paste suitible for brushing on shrimp. You do not need to use all of either. ( make ahead as well and store on counter)
- On preheated grill (Medium high) place shrimp and coat with paste. Be quick so as not to over cook! Turn after 2 minutes for another 1 - 2 minutes until shrimp are nice and pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Using a pan with holes in it (a vegetable grilling pan) makes this much easier. Just stir well and cook until done.