Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Croquettes containing shrimp. In the Netherlands they are known as "garnaalkroketten".
- 1 cup cooked shrimp (or prawn)
- ½ envelope gelatin
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- light cream
- juice of ½ lemon
- chopped parsley
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- dry breadcrumbs
- fat or oil for deep frying
- Wash and drain the shrimps.
- Soak gelatin in some of the cold milk.
- Make a thick sauce of flour, milk and stock and add the shrimps and gelatin.
- Beat the egg yolk with the cream, add the sauce and return to saucepan for thickening, taking care that it does not boil.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture onto a shallow dish to cool and set. When set, cut in eight equal parts and form a firm roll of each.
- Roll each in bread crumbs, then in a mixture of beaten egg whites and salad oil and then again in bread crumbs, again in egg white and bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot deep fat (400°F) until golden brown and serve hot, garnished with some sprigs of parsley than have been fried crisp (but not brown) in the same deep fat.
- Serve hot.