Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
One of the typical foods from the Ecuadorian coast is the "ceviche". It can be prepared with any seafood, say shrimps, fish, oysters, squid, octopus, shells, etc, or a combination of them. This one is shrimp ceviche.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and without the black vein.
- 1 large onion, sliced.
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- the juice of 2 lemons 
- First prepare an onion salsa.
- Slice the onion, wash it with salt and water, and then put it in a bowl with some salt, the pepper also sliced, the chopped tomato, some chopped cilantro, and the juice of the lemons.
- Leave it there for about 20 minutes.
- Peel and wash the shrimps, marinate them in a paste made by blending garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and water.
- Cook them in some water for a few minutes, until they are pink.
- Then mix the onion salsa with the shrimps and add ketchup to taste.
- Check the salt.
- Serve with some popcorn or fried plantains. Even rice.
- Some people like to eat ceviche with a bottle of beer. Ceviches are good for hangovers.
- As mentioned before, you can use other seafood too. Enjoy!
- ↑ In Ecuador, lemons are small, round, and green. In other countries they may be called limes, and the lemons would be the big yellow ones.