I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Monsey Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6¼ ounce package fried rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 ounces frozen raw peeled shrimp thawed
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts drained
- 6 ounces frozen pea pods thawed
- Prepare rice according to package directions simmering 15 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside and keep warm.
- In same skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Add green onion, garlic and ginger then cook 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and continue to cook 2 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts and prepared rice then continue to cook 2 minutes.
- Add pea pods and continue to cook 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.