Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe may be halved or doubled. For 8 servings, use 1½ cups hot water. Oven Recipe
- 3 pounds beef short ribs (approximately)
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 Tony's seasoning
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced/pressed
- 1 small can mushrooms (sliced or whole)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 10-15 baby carrots
- flour, for gravy
- Wipe meat with a damp cloth. Trim off excess fat.
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper.
- Dredge meat in mixture to coat completely.
- Heat shortening in large skillet.
- Brown ribs on all sides. Remove to a casserole with cover.
- Sauté onions and garlic in skillet until golden.
- Spoon over ribs.
- Combine water, bay leaf, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour over ribs.
- Cover. Bake at 350°F for 1¾ hours.
- Add green pepper rings and carrots
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove cooked ribs and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Skim fat off drippings. Thicken with a little flour if desired.
- Spoon drippings over meat and vegetables.