Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lentil soup with delicious taste.
- 2 cups Ads Magroosh (split red lentils)
- 2 quarts stock (either chicken or lamb)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Kammun -cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Chop the vegetables into medium-size chunks.
- Wash lentils.
- Put stock into a 4 – 5 quart pot and bring to boil.
- Add the onions,carrot,tomato and lentils to stock.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cook for about ½ hour or until the lentils are tender.
- Puree the mixture in either a food processor or blender and return to pot.
- Saute the finely chopped onions in the olive oil until they are soft and brown.
- Add the cumin,lemon juice, sautéed onions, salt and pepper to soup and stir slowly over low heat for about 3 minutes.