Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 4 serves.
- 6 cups water
- 1¼ cup dried lentils
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 potatoes cut small pieces
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 2 zucchini cut small pieces
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lemon cut into wedges
- Place the lentils, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with the water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and celery and cook, covered, 15 minutes.
- Then add the zucchini and cumin and cook uncovered another 15 minutes, until the lentils and potatoes are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle each with lemon juice, and serve a lemon wedge with each portion.