Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups red (yellow-orange colored) Lentils
- 7 cups water
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
- ½ large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup olive oil or butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Juice of one lemon
- Place washed and picked over Lentils, carrots and chopped onions in water and simmer covered for one hour.
- Mix oil, flour, salt and spices in a bowl. Add ¼ cup soup to mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the soup and let simmer until the Lentils are well cooked and the soup is creamy.
- Add lemon juice and simmer 5 more minutes. If desired, garnish with lemon slices.