- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6 and lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Cut the cheese into four slices and place into buttered dish.
- If you prefer, you can use individual earthenware bowls or ramekins.
- Top the cheese with the tomato and pepper slices and dot with half the butter.
- Bake for 5 minutes only.
- Remove from the oven and break the eggs over the top of the cheese.
- Dot with the remaining butter and sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the eggs are lightly set and a crust has formed.
- Serve immediately.