Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ethiopian (Amhari) dry peas bowl
- ½ kg dry green peas
- 3 large onions
- ½ cup oil
- 1 head garlic
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup water
- Soak the peas in tap water for 20 minutes.
- Peel the onions and cut into small cubes.
- Peel and mash the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the ginger, pepper and salt and 2 cups water.
- Stir well, cover and bring to boil.
- When the water boil, add the peas and the rest of the water and cook 40 minutes on a medium-low flame.
- Serve hot.