Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cookies in syrup
- Mix 1 cup sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Add yolks and stir until smooth.
- Add flour and baking soda and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out the dough.
- Cut it into 2-inch rounds and place it on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F until pale gold for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup.
- Bring the remaining 1 cup sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan and cook until syrup spins a long thread, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with vanilla and cloves to taste.
- Remove cookies from oven when golden and allow them to cool.
- Pour hot syrup over cookies.
- Serve at room temperature.