Cookies in syrup
- Mix 1 cup sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Add yolks and stir until smooth.
- Add flour and baking soda and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out the dough.
- Cut it into 2-inch rounds and place it on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F until pale gold for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup.
- Bring the remaining 1 cup sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan and cook until syrup spins a long thread, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with vanilla and cloves to taste.
- Remove cookies from oven when golden and allow them to cool.
- Pour hot syrup over cookies.
- Serve at room temperature.