- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups turkey / chicken cooked chopped
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups carrots, sliced, steamed
- 2 cups tomato / canned peeled diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 6 potatoes, cooked, mashed
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey (or chicken).
- Sprinkle in the flour, stir to blend.
- Add the chicken stock, carrots, tomatoes, thyme, and rosemary.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 3-quart casserole.
- Spread the potatoes over the top.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until browned.
Nutritional information Edit
⅙ recipe - 371 calories, 4 lean meat, 2 bread, 1 vegetable exchange 38 grams carbohydrate, 33 grams protein, 10 grams fat 81 mg sodium, 1133 mg potassium, 71 mg cholesterol