In Romanian: Mincare de somn cu rosii
- 2 lbs / 1 kg sheatfish
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 big onion
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 – 4 juniper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- Clean and wash the fish, cut into pieces, salt and let sit for a half hour.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in oil until yellow, add ½ teaspoon flour, salt, sugar, juniper berries, bay leaf and the boiled and strained tomatoes.
- Let boil for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Dredge the pieces with flour and fry on both sides.
- Then place in the pan with the sauce and bake in the oven until the liquid is reduced.