Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 Tablespoons of oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped, separated
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads
- 7 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1 # of ground Lamb
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of fine vermicelli
- 1 Tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
In a large saucepan heat the oil over low heat. Add half of the onions and sauté until golden brown. Add the almonds, butter, salt and pepper, cinnamon , saffron and 1 1/2 cups of the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
Mix the meat , coriander , one egg, remaining onions and salt and pepper. Form into balls about the size of a marble. Add the meatballs to the mixture in the saucepan. Add the remaining 6 cups of boiling water. Continue to cook over medium heat until the meatballs are done. Add the vermicelli and cook for 5 more minutes.