Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/2 to 1/3 lb. Lamb meat cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup oil or "samn" (vegetable ghee)
- one large Onion
- 1 table spoon tomato paste
- 2 -3 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup orzo, salt, red pepper, Libyan spices (Hararat) or cinnamon
- SautÈ the Onion with meat in oil.
- Add parsley and sautÈ until meet is brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, spices, and stir while sizzling.
- Add enough water to cover meat, simmer on medium heat until meat is cooked.
- Add more water if needed, and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo, simmer until cooked.
- Before serving, sprinkle crushed dried mint leaves, and squeeze fresh lemon juice to taste.