Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 - 6
- ½ pound Chinese wheat flour noodles
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- ½ pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 9 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head celery cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bunch washed spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- red wine vinegar to taste
- Drop noodles into boiling water. Cook about 4 minutes. Add ½ cup of cold water. Bring to boil 1 minute. Rinse with cold running water. Drain. Mix with sesame seed oil. Set aside.
- Cut pork crosswise and julienne. Mix with 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir-fry scallion and pork in 2 tablespoons heated oil until meat changes colour. Add 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and sugar. Remove. Keep pork warm.
- In clean wok, stir-fry cabbage in 2 tablespoons heated oil 2 minutes. Remove. Wipe out wok.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in wok. Add noodles. Do not stir. Let noodles brown on bottom (about 5 minutes). Turn noodle cake over. Brown other side in same manner. Remove to warm platter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok. Add pork and cabbage. Add dark soy sauce. Stir-fry until thoroughly heated. Thicken with dissolved cornstarch. Pour over noodles. Wipe out wok.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil to smoking hot in wok. Wilt spinach. Add salt. Stir-fry quickly 10 seconds.
- Arrange spinach around mound of covered noodles. Serve with red wine vinegar.
May be prepared in advance through step 2, with vegetables cut up. Do not freeze.