Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fresh cheese dessert
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 10 pistachios, finely crushed
- 6 whole cardamom pods, seeds only, finely ground
- In a large, heavy saucepan, bring milk to the boiling over point.
- Add lemon juice and stir, until milk curdles.
- Remove from heat and let set for a few minutes.
- Pour curds into a cheesecloth.
- Tie cloth and press out excess moisture, until cheese is firm, like the curds in dry curd cottage cheese.
- Place cheese on a board, knead in sugar until the cheese is smooth.
- In a large heavy frying pan, heat ghee.
- Add sugared cheese and cook on low to medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Otherwise it will stick or burn.
- Add crushed pistachios and ground cardamom.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour sandesh into a serving dish and smooth out by pressing down firmly with a spoon.
- Cut into equally sized portions.
- Serve either warm or chilled.