- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 250 g paneer (cottage cheese) cut into cubes
- 1 onion - finely chopped (or ground into a paste in a food processor)
- 2 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 tomatoes - finely chopped (or blended into a puree in a food processor)
- ½ tsp cardamom powder, only two pinches would be used in the curry
- ¼ cup beaten curd
- ½ teaspoon red chile powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp oil for cooking
- Add oil in a fry pan and heat the oil.
- Add the onions and fry till brown.
- Add ginger paste, chillies and fry further for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fry furthre for 5 minutes or until the oil separates.
- ( you can see the oil coming out of the onion and tomatoes paste).
- Add some water to it (½ cup).
- Leave it to boil to a thick gravy (like melted ice cream consistency).
- Add some milk and the sugar and leave it on slow heat.
- Add the cubes of paneer.
- If you wish you can garnish it with coriander leaves.