Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound skinned and filleted Shad
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 large shallots, minced
- ½ cup fresh chives thinly cut
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Take first 3 Ingredients and pulse in food processor. Add egg and pulse again.
- Place mixture in a stainless steel bowl, and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well. Form into 3-ounce patties, then roll in additional Panko bread crumbs.
- Sauté in butter until golden and firm. Serve with salad and a tart dressing of your choice. Add tartar sauce on the side.