- 1½ cups semolina flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 9" round baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add flour mixture and oil and beat with an electric beater at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- This step is essential, do not use any shortcuts.
- Pour into a prepared 9 inch round pan.
- Sprinkle top with pine nuts.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 – 35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out dry.