Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Prepare Wiki.com/Lebanese_Basic_Dough Basic Dough, using the same recipe except exclude the oil and add 1 tsp of yeast dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1 lb ground lamb meat
- 32 oz firm tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- a dash of ground cayenne red pepper
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- a dash of ground allspice
- 2 tbsp butter, diced
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp sesame paste (tahini)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate thickened juice (if available)
- 4 tbsp fried pine nuts
- Mix well meat, tomatoes, onion and spices. Add yoghurt, sesame paste and pomegranate.
- Mix all with fried pine nuts.
- Add butter.
- Divide dough into walnut size balls.
- Roll between palms to smooth.
- Roll out balls with a rolling pin to form 8 cm diameter circles. Put one tbsp of meat mixture on dough circle seeing that a cube is in each spoon.
- Bring the edges up and press to make a square.
- Arrange meat pastries in a tray brushed with butter.
- Bake in a moderate heat oven (350 °F) for 30 minutes or till dough is golden and meat is cooked.
- Serve hot with yoghurt.