Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 dozen oysters, shucked
- 1 cup lime or lemon juice
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh hot red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- lettuce leaves
- Put the oysters into a large glass or china bowl with the lime or lemon juice, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the oysters, reserving the juice.
- In the bowl combine the oysters with the tomatoes, onion, hot pepper, mint leaves, and ¼ cup of the reserved juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves and pour in the oyster mixture.