- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans,drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 7 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat
- Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 cup salsa and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
- Place 1 tortilla in a pie plate or tart dish. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Top with 1/4 cup Cheese, and cover with another tortilla.
- Spread with 2/3 cup black bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup Cheese.
- Repeat layering twice. Cover with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture and Cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Cut into wedges, and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.