Start your meal with Set Hnit Myo Hincho (Burmese Twelve Varieties Soup), a great, flavorful soup.
- 125 g (4 oz) chicken, duck or pork meat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 slices boiled pork liver
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small choko
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup cauliflower, shredded
- ¼ cup green beans, sliced
- ¼ cup dried mushrooms, soaked
- ¼ cup dried wood fungus, soaked
- 1 sprig tender celery leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice poultry or pork meat into thin strips.
- In a wok, fry the onions and garlic in hot oil.
- Add in the sliced meat and liver and stir well.
- Put in all the vegetables. Cover and cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until vegetables look slightly wilted.
- Transfer the contents to a large saucepan. Add 4 cups water and cook over high heat. As soon as the mixture boils, add unbeaten eggs and stir rapidly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes more. Serve hot.