This intriguing salad is a great addition to any Asian or oriental meal. The dressing is sooooooo gooood that I'm having all the flavors in my mouth right now. This dressing would be great over noodles! Heck the dressing is so good I have also used to it marinate other vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic, I like more
- ½ teaspoon Asian chili sauce, to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced or slivered green onions, including tops
- Place wok or skillet over high heat.
- When hot, add 2 tbsp oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- When hot but not smoking, about 1 minute, add eggplant, stir fry about 1 minute.
- Add water, or more as needed, and continue to stir fry moving pan off and on the heat as necessary to prevent scorching, until water evaporates and eggplant is tender when pierced, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl, whisk to blend.
- Pour over cooled eggplant and toss to coat well.
- To serve, mound on a serving plate and garnish with onions.