Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups uncooked Chickpeas, picked over for rocks and bad beans,and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tahini (Arabic sesame paste)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- additional extra virgin olive oil (to garnish)
- parsley, for garnish (optional)
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
3. Drain and cool.
4. If you want a smoother texture, gently rub beans together, to loosen translucent hulls, and discard them.
6. Stir sesame oil thoroughly to combine before measuring.
7. Pour into a small bowl, add cold water, and stir thoroughly; mixture will thicken.
8. Add lemon juice, and stir into a smooth sauce.
9. Transfer to food processor, pulse several times to combine with Chickpea puree, scrape down sides, then mix thoroughly.
11. Transfer mixture to a large shallow dish, smooth the surface, and make several dents in the mixture.
14. Serve with pita bread or veggies; also a good addition to a falafel or Lamb sandwich in pita bread.