Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Catfish recipe.
- chopped green onions
Sweet and sour sauce Edit
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (can substitute white sugar)
- 1½ tablespoons ketchup
- 1¼ teaspoons soy sauce, preferably low sodium
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn or canola oil
- 1 medium clove fresh garlic, finely minced
- 4 quarter-sized slices fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- Heat one inch of oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- While oil is heating, rinse catfish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Press fillets into sesame seeds to fully coat on both sides.
- Carefully place catfish, one fillet at a time, in the hot oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve fillets with sauce spooned over them.
- For the sweet and sour sauce: in a mixing bowl, combine and dissolve the first five ingredients and keep nearby
- Heat a small but heavy saucepan over high heat until hot and then add the oil. When oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger, and stir for 10-12 seconds. Do not brown. Add the bowl of liquids to the saucepan of garlic and ginger and heat until bubbling. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Optional: For a hot-spicy taste, add ½ teaspoon of Thai sriracha hot sauce to the sweet and sour sauce.