Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Highly alcoholic sweet treats for the Holiday season. Makes 30 rum balls.
- 10 Weet-Bix (approximately 150g of dry low-Sugar grain breakfast cereal)
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup desicated coconut
- Extra desicated coconut for coating
- 1/3 cup Sultanas
- 400mL dark rum (i.e. this recipe is not for children)
- Soak Sultanas in rum, 4–8 hours
- Crush Weet-Bix cereal to sub-pea size
- Add rum + Sultanas mix, result is quite moist
- Stir thoroughly and refrigerate, 4–8 hours
- Form into ping-pong ball sized balls
- Roll in extra coconut
- Freeze until time to serve
- Each ball is approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of a "standard drink", so put a warning on the container and keep out of reach of children
- Scale the recipe up according to how much rum you have. Go on, use the whole 1.25 litre duty-free bottle (makes 100)!
- Add nuts and the like. Crush them.
- Try other spirits: brandy, whisky.
- Try other cereals. corn flakes and tequila for a Mexican version?