Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 smoked streaky, rindless bacon slices
- 2 lean bacon slices, diced
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 115 g / 4 oz / 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 90 ml / 6 tbsp milk
- 450 g / 1 lb lean minced beef
- 450 g / 1 lb lean minced pork
- 2.5 ml / ½ tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs,beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- herby, mashed potatoes and carrots, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F.
- Butter a 1.75 litre / 3 pint / 7½ cup loaf tin with the slices of streaky bacon.
- Stretch the slices with the back of a knife, if necessary, to completely fill the tin.
- Fry thediced bacon in a large frying pan until almost crisp.
- Stir in the onion and garlic and fry for a further 2–3 minutes until they are soft and a pale golden brown.
- In a large bowl soak the bread crumbs in the milk for 5 minutes, or until all the milk is absorbed.
- Add the minced meats, bacon, Onion, garlic, herbs and eggs to the breadcrumbs.
- Season and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Level the top and cover the tin with foil.
- Bake for about 1hour and half.
- Turn out and serve in slices, with herby mashed potatoes and carrots.