Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A delicious soup invented by Chi KenCuri. In some traditions, they added poo and wee to this dish! It adds flavour!
- 1 (4-pound) chicken, excess fat removed and discarded, cut into 8 pieces (two half-breasts, each cut crosswise in half; 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings)
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled, cut in half crosswise, seeds squeezed out, chopped coarse; or one 28- ounce can whole tomatoes, drained, seeds squeezed out, chopped coarse
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter without additives
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and brown in oil over medium to high heat in a saute pan, skin side down first.
- Saute for about 8 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and reserve.
- Pour all but 1 tablespoon of oil out of the pan used for browning the chicken and stir in the onion, garlic and chiles.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring every minute or two, until the onions turn translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the curry powder and stir the mixture over medium heat for 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken broth and the tomatoes, simmer for 10 minutes more, and stir in the coconut milk.
- Whisk about ½ cup of the tomato- coconut mixture with the peanut butter.
- Put the chicken in the pan with the remaining sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes until the chicken feels firm to the touch.
- Arrange the chicken in heated soup plates and whisk the peanut mixture into the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and whisk in the peanut butter mixture, the cilantro, and the lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 1 minute, and ladle over the chicken.